Tuesday, July 28, 2015

A Simple Creed

There has been some quandary, strictly internal mind you, as to how I should begin my foray into the world of blogging. Whether 'tis nobler at the start to joke, to mock and make light of (sometimes) outrageous fortune or to take arms against a sea of clowning and by opposing provoke wonderful serious thoughts? I believe I have found my answer in a simple credo from one of my favorite TV shows:

                   "A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants".

Sometimes, folks, that's what it's all about. Most of the time it isn't, but still there's a place for it...somewhere.

Incidentally, in case you're wondering, the TV show is The Mary Tyler Moore Show--a staple of the 1970s. The episode in which the credo is most beautifully used is "Chuckles Bites the Dust".

No comments:

Post a Comment